We are committed to the health and safety of our staff and our customers, while continuing to provide our important housing services.

Changes at our offices

For Housing SA assistance, please call us on 131 299

We encourage you to continue to access our housing services over the phone and online.

If you require assistance or need to get in touch, please phone 131 299  (or 131 288  for maintenance inquiries) or visit www.sa.gov.au/housing.

What to do if you have an existing appointment

If you have an existing appointment with Housing SA, please phone us on 131 299  to find an alternative arrangement to a face-to-face meeting. We acknowledge that the current circumstances are inconvenient and frustrating, and thank you for cooperating and working with us during this difficult time.

Select image to view 'Why social distancing matters'

Why Social Distancing matters, Select image to view of download full PDF posterOther changes

In response to COVID-19, we have had to introduce some other changes to the way we do business:

  • Housing SA home visits are being reduced and stopped wherever possible, and we are doing as much as we can via telephone
  • Non-essential face-to-face meetings and appointments will be postponed wherever possible

We will continue to monitor the latest available information, and make changes as required.

We acknowledge that the current circumstances are inconvenient and frustrating. Thank you for cooperating and working with us during this difficult time.

Will social housing rents increase due to COVID-19 stimulus payments?

No. If you live in public or community housing and get the new Coronavirus Supplement or Economic Support Payment your rent won’t increase because of these payments.

Payment of rent and a temporary freeze on evictions

The State Government has  a number of measures in place for the duration of the declared emergency period, which has been extended until 6 February 2021 – or 28 days after the COVID-19 Emergency Direction expires - whichever comes first, aimed at helping landlords and tenants whose incomes have been affected by COVID-19.

If you live in public housing and your household income decreases for any reason, please contact Housing SA on 131 299 ☏ to have your rent reassessed. Otherwise, public housing tenants should continue to pay their rent as normal to avoid rent arrears and an accumulation of debt.

Under the  measures, a landlord, including Housing SA, will not be able to evict a tenant for non-payment of rent due to severe rental distress as a result of COVID-19.  For more information, visit cbs.sa.gov.au/rental-advice-due-covid-19

For information relating to South Australia’s Residential Rent Relief Scheme for residential landlords who reduce the rent of a tenant experiencing rental hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic; and for other support for businesses, jobs and the community impacted by COVID-19; please visit the Department of Treasury and Finance website.

Can my rent increase as my income changes under the new legislation?

The most recent changes to the legislation mean unless you are suffering financial hardship due to COVID 19, landlords can increase your rent. Public and community housing rents will be reviewed and increased in line with existing policies.

Keep up to date with any changes

To keep up to date with any changes to our services due to the COVID-19 emergency: