As the Authority’s first Strategic Plan, it clearly defines the organisation’s priorities to 2025, but also a renewed commitment to work collaboratively with sector partners to achieve our defined purpose of providing better housing choices for South Australians.
The Plan outlines our establishment journey and how we are repositioning ourselves as a modern, professional, and high-performing organisation with a business mindset and a customer-centred approach.
This five-year roadmap provides the framework for the Authority to play its lead role in delivering Our Housing Future 2020-2030 – the State’s long-term plan to reform the housing and homelessness system.
It articulates our priorities and goals, and summarises the performance indicators on which our success will be measured.
With a focus on both immediate and future housing challenges, the Plan also demonstrates how the Authority will work with our partners to address the growing demand in the system.
The Strategic Plan outlines the Authority’s five overarching objectives:
- Lead – model a strong, fair and inclusive housing system that delivers on community expectations.
- Excel – equip our people to provide efficient and effective services for our customers.
- Renew – invest in sustainable housing to provide greater choice and better customer outcomes that support State growth.
- Modernise – make it easier for South Australians to get the housing assistance they need, when they need it, for the time they need it.
- Transform – design and deliver new service models with our partners to assist people to remain in or achieve sustained housing.
We are proud of our role in enabling a modern, multi-provider sector and affordable housing industry, and will continue our emphasis on people, partnerships and performance. The delivery of this Strategic Plan heralds a new, exciting phase for our State’s housing and homelessness sector and industry, one in which we can all continue working together to achieve better housing choices for South Australians.