Due to ongoing poor conditions and continuing rain and wind, the Code Blue response for people rough sleeping in Adelaide and some regional areas has been extended for the night of Friday 9 August 2019.
- Baptist Care’s Westcare Centre will be open overnight from 3pm tonight through to 7am Saturday 10 August 2019. The Westcare Centre is located at 11/19 Millers Ct Adelaide.
- Hutt St Centre will extend their operating hours until 5pm tonight, Friday 9 August 2019.
- SYC will extend their operating hours until 7pm tonight, Friday 9 August 2019.
- Street to Home will increase staffing levels and be engaging with people rough sleeping through street work throughout this period.
- The Homelessness Gateway Service will continue to operate 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Anyone who is homeless or at risk of homelessness is encouraged to contact the Homelessness Gateway on 1800 003 308.
The Code Blue has also been extended in Mt Gambier, Fleurieu Peninsula and Kangaroo Island. People in these areas who need assistance should contact the Homelessness Gateway on 1800 003 308.