A state-wide Code Red extreme heat response had been called for today Wednesday November 20 temperatures are predicted to soar above 40C across the state, with predicted scorching winds.
Additional services have been activated to help people experiencing homelessness remain cool and sheltered.
The following homelessness agencies will extend operating hours for Wednesday, November 20:
- Westcare (Baptist Care SA) 11/19 Millers Ct Adelaide, will be open from 9am to 8pm.
- Trace-A-Place (SYC) 135 Currie Street Adelaide, 9am to 7pm.
- Hutt Street Centre 257 Hutt St, will be open from 7am to 5pm.
- Street to Home will be providing additional outreach services to people rough sleeping
- Uniting Communities U City Level 3, 43 Franklin Street will have an air-conditioned space for public use from 9am-5pm.
- The Homelessness Gateway Service will continue to operate 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Anyone who is rough sleeping is encouraged to contact the Homelessness Gateway on 1800 003 308
- In regional areas, anyone who requires services is urged to call the Homelessness Gateway, which operates 24/7 on 1800 003 308.