Due to a predicted high of 42 degrees, SA Housing Authority has put in place a state-wide Code Red response for today, Thursday, 30 January 2020.
In the inner city area, the following services are available for people experiencing homelessness:
- Westcare (Baptist Care SA) 11/19 Millers Ct Adelaide, will extend its opening hours on Thursday, 30 January to 8pm.
- Trace-A-Place (SYC) 135 Currie St, Adelaide will extend its hours on Thursday, 30 January to 7pm.
- Hutt Street Centre 257 Hutt St, Adelaide will extend its hours on Thursday, 30 January to 5pm.
- Street to Home will be providing additional outreach services to people rough sleeping throughout this period.
- The Homelessness Gateway Service will continue to operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Anyone who is rough sleeping is encouraged to contact the Homelessness Gateway on 1800 003 308.
In regional areas, people who need assistance should contact the Gateway.