Statewide Code Red activated
27 December 2019
Due to expected high temperatures, a Statewide Code Red has been activated for Friday 27 December until Sunday 29 December 2019.
In the Adelaide metropolitan area, the following services are available for people sleeping rough:
- Westcare (Baptist Care SA) 11/19 Millers Ct Adelaide, will extend its hours of operation on Friday, 27 December and Sunday, 29 December from 5pm to 8pm.
- Street to Home will be providing additional outreach services to people rough sleeping.
- Trace-A-Place (SYC) 135 Currie Street Adelaide, will extend its hours from 5pm to 7pm on Friday 27 December.
- Hutt Street Centre 257 Hutt St, will extend its hours from 7am to 5pm on Friday 27 December and 7am to 9pm Saturday 28 December.
- say.kitchen 78 Currie St, will extend its hours daily for 18 to 25 year olds 7pm to 9pm on Friday 27 December until Sunday 29 December.
- The Homelessness Gateway Service will continue to operate 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Anyone who is rough sleeping is encouraged to contact the Homelessness Gateway on 1800 003 308.
Rough sleepers in regional South Australia who need assistance should call the Gateway.