“Important Information for recording of COVID-19 in H2H”
For information on how to record services or issues related to COVID-19 for clients in H2H, please read 'Recording COVID-19 in H2H' document (PDF, 394.6 KB).
As part of their funding agreement, all specialist homelessness agencies are required to use the Homeless2Home (H2H) client and case management system.
The H2H system:
- ensures a consistent response to clients across South Australia
- allows agencies to record client circumstances, services provided and outcomes reached
- allows for standardised reporting.
Agencies are able to:
- search for a client's history with Specialist Homelessness Sector (SHS) agencies
- register and update client information
- undertake an intake
- undertake an assessment
- undertake a case plan
- refer clients, with their permission, to other SHS agencies.
Access, training and system support is provided to agencies by the HSS team.
When accessing the system for the first time:
- log on to the H2H training environment using the username and password provided by your agency manager
- read through the H2H user guide (PDF, 11.5 MB)
- work through the training environment with the support of experienced agency staff members already using H2H
- read through the H2H top tips:
Questions about the H2H system, including recent system changes, can be directed to the Homelessness Systems Support ✉ (HSS) team.
One day courses are conducted regularly aimed at new users or existing users who need a refresher.
Training places are limited. SHS workers will be given priority over placement students and non-SHS workers.
If you have recently completed a one-day training course, please complete the H2H Basic User Training survey.
One day courses to upskill experienced H2H users with skills to provide basic training and support to colleagues in the use of the system. Super users are also called on to assist with testing changes to the H2H system prior to release.
People who make regular use of the system in their day to day work can be super users, they are often called upon to test new functions in H2H prior to release.
Register for training
Due to the current COVID-19 situation there are no training sessions scheduled.
Please contact the Homelessness Systems Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Registering for training does not guarantee a place in the training. You will receive an email notification once you have been booked in to a training session.
Agency Specific Training
The HSS team are available to provide a limited number of agency specific training sessions. To request training for your agency or program please complete the Training Request form
Only authorised staff members from specialist homelessness agencies and the South Australian Housing Authority will be able to access H2H.
When applying for access it is important to first read the H2H user role descriptions in the H2H user guide.
These forms support the administration of system access for agency staff:
Login to the H2H system
The H2H user guide (PDF, 11.5 MB) explains how to use the system.
When a client's permission is required
Clients must be:
- told why their information is being recorded
- told how the information will be used
- provided with the Notice of information provision (PDF, 220.0 KB)
The Notice of Information requires agencies to provide de-personalised information to state and commonwealth governments. This ensures that personal details are protected.
Clients must give their permission before information can be shared or exchanged with another agency. This permission can be given:
- in writing through the Consent to share information (PDF, 119.4 KB) form
- by completing a Notice of information provision and consent to share information (PDF, 220.0 KB) form.
Agencies can enter client information directly into the H2H system, or collect information on paper-based H2H forms for later entry into the system.
- Form 1 - Add a new client and intake (PDF, 424.0 KB)
- Form 2 - Update details of an existing client prior to entering into H2H (PDF, 212.4 KB)
- Form 3 - Services needed, provided or referred prior to entering into H2H (PDF, 216.6 KB)
- Form 4 - Client assessment prior to entering into H2H (PDF, 178.5 KB)
- Form 5 - Detail on an exiting client prior to entering into H2H (PDF, 218.1 KB).
For an alternative version of a document on this page contact the Homelessness Systems Support team ✉
Agency staff who need help with H2H should check the H2H user guide (PDF, 11.5 MB) first and check with a colleague.
If you need a password reset or the system is not functioning:
Phone: 1300 885 912 ☏ — select 2 to speak to the Operations Support team
Email: HousingOperationsSupport@sa.gov.au ✉
Help with using H2H
If you need help using the system, have a training question or any other H2H issue:
Phone: 1300 885 912 ☏ — select 3 to speak to the Homelessness Systems Support team
Email: HousingH2H@sa.gov.au ✉
Agencies can also email comments, feedback and suggestions on the H2H system to the address above