A better housing future for South Australia
Our Housing Future 2020-2030 is a 10-year plan for a better housing future for South Australia.
The success of the strategy will depend on partnerships between all parts of the housing sector, including the construction and development sector, government and non-government organisations. Housing customers and the broader community will also have an important role to play as we seek to put the customer at the centre.
Partners - register to keep up to date about key initiatives
Partners across the housing sector will now work together to develop the initiatives. You can register your details to keep up to date, and get involved in construction and development opportunities (PDF, 1.2 MB) and pilots under the Homelessness Prevention Fund (PDF, 658.5 KB)
Customers - learn more about affordable housing
The strategy has initiatives to deliver 20,000 affordable housing solutions. If you are looking to buy an affordable home or seeking affordable financing options, visit the Affordable Homes Program and HomeStart websites.
What the strategy aims to achieve
It is long-term strategy to improve housing in South Australia. It includes 33 actions under five clear strategies that will:
- boost the supply of affordable housing
- reduce and prevent housing stress
- boost employment and growth across the state, including supporting hundreds of jobs in the construction and development sectors
- modernise the social housing system
- reform the homelessness system
- support well-functioning and inclusive communities.
Download a pdf version of the strategy