" "

Housing Connect allows you to easily access your personal housing information online, 24 hours a day

Changes to how you access your Housing Connect account

Housing Connect uses the Australian Government Digital Identity System to verify users. This improves the security of our services and better protects your personal information. Using a Digital Identity is a secure and convenient way to prove who you are online.

myGovID is the Australian Government’s Digital Identity app.

You no longer require an email and password to access your Housing Connect account.

What you need to do

If you don’t have a myGovID, you must obtain one before accessing your account. A Digital Identity like myGovID makes accessing government services easier and can be re-used when required by other participating government services.

How to set up myGovID

Go to mygovid.gov.au/set-up and follow the steps to set up a myGovID.

You need at least a Standard identity strength to access Housing Connect.

Once you’ve set up your myGovID, go to the Housing Connect log-in page, select ‘Continue with Digital Identity’ and follow the prompts.

First time using Housing Connect?

New Housing Connect customers must enter their Customer Reference number (if they have one) the first time they access their account using myGovID. This acts as an added layer of security and ensures records are matched accurately in the system.

You can find your Customer Reference number on most correspondence Housing SA have sent you. If you don’t know your Customer Reference number, contact Housing SA on 131 299.  

Alternative access to Housing services

You can continue receiving Housing SA services by:

  1. visiting a Housing SA office or
  2. contacting us on 131 299 or
  3. email us at housingcustomers@sa.gov.au

myGovID assistance

To find out more about myGovID, visit the myGovID website

Digital Identity assistance

Visit the Digital Identity website to learn more about Digital Identity and identity strength levels,

Services available in Housing Connect

With a Housing SA account you can:

  • register your interest in housing
  • view and update your registration of interest in housing when your circumstances change
  • check account balances and transactions
  • view and download letters we have sent you
  • view and update your contact details
  • provide or withdraw consent to share your information with another person or organisation on your behalf
  • provide consent for Centrelink to give your income details directly through the Income Confirmation Service (ICS)
  • set up automatic deductions from Centrelink or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (RDS).

If you’re a Housing SA tenant, you can also:

  • report a non-urgent repair and check your repair status
  • register for a transfer or mutual exchange
  • view your tenancy details and give notice to end your Housing SA tenancy
  • tell us if your household income has changed
  • request to add or remove people within your household
  • apply to make or install alterations or improvements in your home
  • apply for a water allowance if someone in your household has a special requirement that directly results in high water use
  • view the date and time of your home visit, new lease visit, lease review and outgoing tenant inspection
  • request to reschedule your home visit
  • view your household members.

Frequently Asked Questions are available to assist customers with using Housing Connect.

View our Terms and Conditions.

To get started, click on the Housing Connect button below

Select the Housing Connect button to get started

↑  Back to Top