The South Australian Housing Trusts (SAHT) Design Guidelines for Sustainable Housing and Liveable Neighbourhoods capture existing corporate knowledge and design philosophy for the development and acquisition of rental housing. They provide guidance on the shape and form of future housing.
The guidelines provide clear and consistent briefs outlining the SAHT requirements for housing.
Minimum design and construction requirements
The SAHT's Design & Construction contract includes the Minimum Design and Construction specification (MDCS) and calls up the design requirements of SAHT's Design Guidelines for Sustainable Housing and Liveable Neighbourhoods.
- SAHT Minimum Design & Construction Specification Class 1 Buildings (PDF, 7.7 MB)
- SAHT Minimum Design & Construction Specification Class 2 Buildings (PDF, 7.8 MB)
Full Documentation, New Build
The SAHT's fully documented Class 1 building projects use the NATSPEC simple domestic specification with additional SAHT construction requirements and a fixtures and fittings schedule.
- NATSPEC Simple Domestic Specification (PDF, 524.9 KB)
- SAHT Constructions Requirements for Class 1A Buildings (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- SAHT Fixtures and Fittings Schedule for Class 1A Buildings (PDF, 152.0 KB)
Process mapping charts
These charts illustrate the main processes for SAHT land division of greenfields and re-development sites and can be used in conjunction with the 2.1 Land titling and service infrastructure design guideline.