SA Housing Authority (the Authority) respects your privacy and the information gathered from you.

This information sharing statement explains what personal information the Authority may disclose. This statement should be read in conjunction with the Authority’s Privacy Statement.

The Authority operates in compliance with the Government of South Australia’s Information Privacy Principles (IPPs), a copy of which can be obtained on the Department of the Premier and Cabinet website.

Collection of personal information

The Authority (or its appointed agents) will collect personal information about you directly by way of forms and other documents or information you submit to the Authority (whether in paper or electronic form), correspondence you provide, telephone calls, meetings or through other interactions via the Authority’s websites, social media channels and marketing activities.

Your personal information will not be disclosed to a third party except in accordance with the IPPs and this information sharing statement and the privacy statement. Our website administrators are required to protect and handle your personal information in accordance with the IPPs.

Use and disclosure of personal information

The Authority may share personal information when either:

  • the customer gives consent to share it
  • Housing SA’s required or authorised to share it by law
  • sharing’s reasonably necessary to protect government interests - eg public revenue
  • sharing’s reasonably necessary for the enforcement of criminal law
  • sharing’s reasonably necessary to prevent or lessen a serious threat to someone’s life, health or safety
  • the customer’s suspected to be engaged in unlawful activity.

Customers can give their consent in person, over the phone or in writing for Housing SA to share their personal information with another person or agency.

Privacy Complaints

If you believe the Authority has failed to comply with the IPPs or this information sharing statement you should, in the first instance, contact the Authority.  If the Authority is unable to help you, or you are dissatisfied with the response, you can lodge a written complaint with the Privacy Committee of South Australia.


If you have any questions about how the Authority may use your personal information that you provide to it, please send us an email. ✉

Related Information

↑  Back to Top